Miami is all sunshine, white sands and endless activities all in one thriving beachside city. Some great facts about Miami:
1. Affordable Real Estate – The local market offers record affordability, amenities, & seller incentives; 50% more affordable in the last five years; weak U.S. dollar gives greater discounts for foreign buyers.
2. Top Market for International Buyers – Florida is the top state in the U.S. & Miami is the top market for int’l buyers; and is expected to outperform other U.S. markets long into the future.
3. Enviable Weather – The only major “subtropical” city in the continental U.S.; average temperature of 75 ºF / 23 ºC
4. Beautiful Beaches – Greater Miami has 84 miles of Atlantic Ocean coastline & 67 square miles of inland waterways & more than 15 miles of world-famous beaches.
5. Water Sports & Activities – Enjoy snorkeling, sailing, boating, kayaking, swimming, diving & other water sports all year around.
6. Exciting Lifestyle for All – young adults, families, baby boomers, retirees, celebrities, & visitors – museums, performing arts venues, art galleries, professional sports, & amazing places to shop.
7. Fabulous Nightlife – Ocean Drive & more – top restaurants, night clubs, bars, world famous hotspots.
8. Restaurants – In Miami you can savor worldwide cuisine unlike in any other city in the U.S.
9. Entertainment Industry – Major fashion center, top modeling agencies in the world, Fashion Week & more than 2,400 motion picture& video businesses.
10. Commercial & Investment Real Estate – Vacancy rates for all commercial sectors in Miami are below the national average; retail & multi-family are outperforming most major markets in the U.S.
11. “Gateway to the Americas” – Strategic location between Latin America & Europe; “Capital of the Americas” – perfect for business or pleasure.
12. The Most Int’l City in the U. S. – nearly 50% of population is foreign born & speak over 100 languages.
13. Global Business Center – for business, finance, commerce, media, entertainment, arts & international trade; no state income tax; home to nearly 1,200 multinational companies from 56 nations; more than 100 international consulates, trade offices & bi-national chambers of commerce.
14. Hotels – ranks fifth in US in occupancy after New York, Oahu Island, San Francisco, & Boston.
15. Top Tourist Destination – 12.6 million overnight guests – with 6 million of them int’l visitors.
16. World Aviation Hub – 3rd in the U.S. with 33.5 million passengers a year; Over 80 airlines to 120 destinations – top freight airport in the U.S. with 1.8 million tons – $19 billion in business revenue/year.
17. Port of Miami – “Cruise Capital of the World” with more than 4 million passengers a year; Also serves 240 seaports; 9 million tons of sea cargo; top markets: China, Italy, Hong Kong, Honduras & Brazil.
18. Educational Institutions – 4th largest U. S. school district; 5 colleges & universities; 3 law schools.
19. Hospitals – 33 hospitals; Jackson Memorial is one of the top 25 hospitals in the U. S. & Miami Children’s Hospital is rated the top pediatric hospital in the country
20. Top Rankings in Miami has the largest concentration of international banks in the U.S. in Miami’s skyline ranks third in the U.S. behind New York City & Chicago & 18th in the world (Almanac of Architecture & Design.) in Miami is the only major city in the United States bordered by two national parks, Everglades National Park on the West, & Biscayne National Park on the East.
It is GREAT to work, live and play in Miami!